I hope you are taking part of the No Junk Challenge. I’m loving the posts I’m seeing of the food and recipes. I’ll gather some of them and post.
I’m not giving you a workout today, but rather some advice.
Get out and sweat! Move your body.
As I was talking to a young gal today, it dawned on me that there are people out there that hate working out. She was one of them. She was talking about how she never exercises and needed to get in shape in order to go camping and hiking. I guess that was a little reality check for me. Maybe I am the oddity. I actually love, enjoy and crave my workouts.
For those of you that despise workouts – just move more. Go for walk with your girlfriend. Take the stairs. Grab that parking spot furthest from the door. Can’t get off the couch after work? Complete your workout before you get home. I get it, it’s hard to get to the gym after you have settled in for the night. But, trust me, you never regret a workout, only the workout that didn’t happen.
So, if you are like me and get out and sweat on a regular basis – go try something new. Try that barre class you have been thinking about. Love yoga, but never tried hot yoga – what are you waiting for? Try something new. Try something that scares you. Get out of your comfort zone. Do it for you. Do it for your body.
If you are in the Twin Cities area – of course I have suggestions of where you can try something new for your workout.
- Barre class – Try Haute Barre at West End. They just opened and are offering some great specials for newbies. I’m taking my first class there on Sunday.
- Let’s be honest, most of us need to put cardio on the back burner and make strength training a priority. HIT Results in St. Louis Park offers the very BEST strength training workouts. Plateau proof workouts!
- Never been to a spin class? Get to The Shed in Uptown. Every time I go there, I get my ass handed to me. They make every other spin class I’ve been to seem like warm up.
- Looking for that hot yoga class? My home away from home is CorePower Yoga in Eden Prairie (there are locations across the cities). I know I will feel like a million bucks when I finish my class.
- Or, perhaps you are ready to try CrossFit – Try CrossFit St. Paul or their affiliates CrossFit St. Louis Park and CrossFit Minneapolis.
There you have it. Challenge yourself to move more or try something new.
I’m off to Orange County in the morning to go wedding dress shopping with my baby sister, so I better get my bags packed.
Have a great rest of the week!